Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday evening, June 16th….Got the PLYWOOD & 2x4’s!!!!!

This afternoon…..in the middle of a torrential downpour with lightning flashing worse than any flashing disco light ever illuminated a dance floor in the 80’s…….we made our way to the “heap big” Lowe’s store in Catskill and rounded up 115, 8 foot 2x4’s and 18 sheets of ¾ plywood and headed for the farm with our trailer filled and bulging. You should have seen the look on the guys face when I asked if he thought we could get the stuff loaded into my VW without scratching the interior too much. He just kind of stared at me with his mouth open as if his brain went into stall mode or something.

When we got home, we gathered up a wire dog crate and went out to pick up Rooster Cogburn, who turned up lame this morning. We don’t know if he is coming down with a sickness or took a beating in the hen house last night from Mister Rooster (MR), which wouldn’t surprise me. I have to crack him about every day when I go out to do anything in the yard. MR will run all the way across the yard to flog you if you don’t crack him one or kick him away. He is Nasty with a capital N. We are hoping Rooster Cogburn isn’t coming down with  Merecks Virus which is contagious and has no cure. Anyway, we put Rooster Cogburn in the crate on the front porch out of the weather, with food and water to isolate him from the other chickens just in case it is something contagious. We’ll see. No vet’s will see him or return our calls about it either, so we’re at times mercy.

Spent the rest of the night getting Dr. Loraine’s web site up and running. Looks pretty good too. She just wrote a book that is at the publishers and will be hitting the book store shelves in about a month or two depending on how well everything goes at the publishers. To see the site, go to http://www.psychdocinfo.com/index.html I think it looks pretty darned good if I do say so myself! (which I do!!!)

No comments: