Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thurs. August 21st… Bunnies, bunnies, everywhere bunnies!!!!

This morning I went to let the chickens and turkeys out, then went to the barn to open the slide door for the chickens to get into the outside run. Next, I went over and watered the bunnies and imagine my surprise when I lifted the lid on the white bunnies to put pellets in their bowls and saw a lot of white fur that wasn’t there yesterday morning. I don’t know if it was there when Vick looked in last evening, but to me it was new. I thought…..well, she is making a nest and we will have baby bunnies soon. Then I saw movement!!! There were two babies already in the nest. I have to make a male pen immediately so we can get the buck out and away from the babies before he has a chance to kill them. Gotta go! Bye.

No comments: