Thursday, March 13, 2008

Those Special Twlight Thoughts

As I Gaze Across God's Handiwork

Mist of Dawning

By Skip Watt

 

Slowly dawn creeps to reveal yet another day of life,

and as the shadows slowly begin to recede to lightness,

I can barely make out the lovely form beside me,

as shallow, unlabored breathing causes rise and fall,

of the soft, warm covers that conceal her body.

Now wonder I might, as the earnest dawn emerges,

how all my world can be enveloped by such small form,

for hidden below these covers so close beside me,

is truly the very meaning of my happiness in this life.

Without that I am but a hallow vessel of skin and bone,

and without purpose I would drift until the end of time’

but with her I am conducive to our happiness together,

and we both experience Gods very special gift of love.

As a rose needs the sun and rain to prosper then blossom,

so then, do I need the special nourishment of her true loving,

and as the moon and stars maintain a portion of daylight,

my yesterdays with her maintains me through dark of night,

and as the stars and moon retire to the next shining morn,

                         my heart again warms to her smile through the dawn light.

 

 

No comments: